Skip to main content

Happy Memorial Day!

Jayden, Erika and Shumba enjoying the plastic pool...
I know it's a weed but I love it...
Jayden enjoying the sun after his dip in the pool...



Memorial Day is an amazing holiday but the meaning is easily forgotten in our jubiliation over a day off work, the beautiful weather and fun with family and friends. I want to take this moment to thank all who have served in our armed forces, our first responders and everyone who puts others before themselves. This country would be nothing without you!



I spent today reading in my garden, visiting High Country Gardens, playing at the park with some of my favorite people, the Quinatas and swimming and bbqing with Erika and Jayden. What a wonderful day. My goal for this week is to set my alarm just 30 minutes earlier than necessary so that I can spend some time reading my bible in the garden. Things are changing so quickly out there that hopefully that will be some motivation!

Comments

Bren Haas said…
Wonderful Raised Beds... Thanks for sharing your little piece of heaven with me.
Enjoy the day!

Popular posts from this blog

This morning's harvest

Stormy night

One of my favorite things about living in New Mexico is the stormy summer evenings. It hasn't started raining buckets yet but the thunder is get ting louder.

Another 15 ozs

Little one had another appointment with his pediatrician today and had gained 15 oz in the last week. He's finally on the growth charts! It's really amazing to see the transformation from bald headed, skin and bone, translucent skin and listless to an inch of soft strawberry blond hair, rosy cheeks, full belly and smiles in only 10 days. I really thought I'd be more exhausted but I feel great. Tired, a little scattered but peaceful and energetic. I also wondered how I'd feel about caring for a child on a daily basis without knowing what the child's future held. The truth is, I wonder but I don't dwell on it. I hope and I pray for positive decisions and wise choices but I know that I am doing what I can do. I've also been pleasantly surprised by the amount of support I've gotten. People are just jumping over each other to love on this little guy. He's been blessed with material items, snuggles and prayers from friends and family all across ...